Stainless Steel Coupling Gear Rigid Roller Chain Fluid Tyre Grid Jaw Spider HRC Nm Motor Flange Gear Pump Rubber Spline Shaft Flexible Universal Joint Coupling
Coupling refers to a device that connects 2 shafts or shafts and rotating parts, rotates together during the transmission of motion and power, and does not disengage under normal conditions. Sometimes it is also used as a safety device to prevent the connected parts from bearing excessive load, which plays the role of overload protection.
Couplings can be divided into rigid couplings and flexible couplings.
Rigid couplings do not have buffering property and the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes. It is required that the 2 axes be strictly aligned. However, such couplings are simple in structure, low in manufacturing cost, convenient in assembly and disassembly, and maintenance, which can ensure that the 2 axes are relatively neutral, have large transmission torque, and are widely used. Commonly used are flange coupling, sleeve coupling and jacket coupling.
Flexible coupling can also be divided into flexible coupling without elastic element and flexible coupling with elastic element. The former type only has the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, but cannot cushion and reduce vibration. Common types include slider coupling, gear coupling, universal coupling and chain coupling; The latter type contains elastic elements. In addition to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, it also has the functions of buffering and vibration reduction. However, due to the strength of elastic elements, the transmitted torque is generally inferior to that of flexible couplings without elastic elements. Common types include elastic sleeve pin couplings, elastic pin couplings, quincunx couplings, tire type couplings, serpentine spring couplings, spring couplings, etc
1) Mobility. The movability of the coupling refers to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 rotating components. Factors such as manufacturing and installation errors between connected components, temperature changes during operation and deformation under load all put CHINAMFG requirements for mobility. The movable performance compensates or alleviates the additional load between shafts, bearings, couplings and other components caused by the relative displacement between rotating components.
(2) Buffering. For the occasions where the load is often started or the working load changes, the coupling shall be equipped with elastic elements that play the role of cushioning and vibration reduction to protect the prime mover and the working machine from little or no damage.
(3) Safe, reliable, with sufficient strength and service life.
(4) Simple structure, easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain.
How to select the appropriate coupling type
The following items should be considered when selecting the coupling type.
1. The size and nature of the required transmission torque, the requirements for buffering and damping functions, and whether resonance may occur.
2. The relative displacement of the axes of the 2 shafts is caused by manufacturing and assembly errors, shaft load and thermal expansion deformation, and relative movement between components.
3. Permissible overall dimensions and installation methods, and necessary operating space for assembly, adjustment and maintenance. For large couplings, they should be able to be disassembled without axial movement of the shaft.
In addition, the working environment, service life, lubrication, sealing, economy and other conditions should also be considered, and a suitable coupling type should be selected by referring to the characteristics of various couplings.
If you cannot determine the type, you can contact our professional engineer
Main production equipment:
Large lathe, surface grinder, milling machine, gear shaper, spline milling machine, horizontal broaching machine, gear hobbing machine, shaper, slotting machine, bench drilling machine, radial drilling machine, boring machine, band sawing machine, horizontal lathe, end milling machine, crankshaft grinder, CNC milling machine, casting equipment, etc.
Dynamic balance tester, high-speed intelligent carbon and sulfur analyzer, Blochon optical hardness tester, Leeb hardness tester, magnetic yoke flaw detector, special detection, modular fixture (self-made), etc.
Application – Photos from our partner customers
Our leading products are mechanical transmission basic parts – couplings, mainly including universal couplings, drum gear couplings, elastic couplings and other 3 categories of more than 30 series of varieties. It is widely used in metallurgical steel rolling, wind power, hydropower, mining, engineering machinery, petrochemical, lifting, paper making, rubber, rail transit, shipbuilding and marine engineering and other industries.
Our factory takes the basic parts of national standards as the benchmark, has more than 40 years of coupling production experience, takes “scientific management, pioneering and innovation, ensuring quality and customer satisfaction” as the quality policy, and aims to continuously provide users with satisfactory products and services. The production is guided by reasonable process, and the ISO9001:2015 quality management system standard is strictly implemented. We adhere to the principle of continuous improvement and innovation of coupling products. In recent years, it has successfully developed 10 national patent products such as SWF cross shaft universal coupling, among which the double cross shaft universal joint has won the national invention patent, SWF cross shaft universal coupling has won the new product award of China’s general mechanical parts coupling industry and the ZHangZhoug Province new product science and technology project.
Our factory has strong technical force, excellent process equipment, complete professional production equipment, perfect detection means, excellent after-sales service, various products and complete specifications. At the same time, we can provide the design and manufacturing of special non-standard products according to the needs of users. Our products sell well at home and abroad, and are trusted by the majority of users. We sincerely welcome friends from all walks of life at home and abroad to visit and negotiate for common development.p
Can chain couplings accommodate parallel misalignment?
Yes, chain couplings are designed to accommodate a certain degree of parallel misalignment between the connected shafts. Parallel misalignment refers to the situation where the axes of the two shafts are not perfectly aligned and run parallel to each other but at a distance.
Chain couplings have some inherent flexibility that allows them to tolerate a certain amount of parallel misalignment. The flexibility is primarily provided by the roller chain, which can compensate for small parallel displacements between the shafts. This flexibility helps to reduce stress on the coupling components and allows for smooth operation even in the presence of parallel misalignment.
However, it is important to note that chain couplings have limitations in terms of parallel misalignment. Excessive parallel misalignment beyond the specified limits can lead to increased stress, uneven load distribution, accelerated wear, and potential coupling failure. The manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines should be followed to ensure that the parallel misalignment remains within the acceptable range for the specific chain coupling being used.
Proper alignment during installation is crucial to minimize parallel misalignment. The shafts should be aligned as closely as possible to ensure optimal performance and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment. In some cases, additional measures such as shims or adjustable mounts may be necessary to achieve the desired alignment.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the chain coupling are also important to identify and address any parallel misalignment issues that may arise over time. If significant parallel misalignment is detected, corrective measures should be taken to realign the shafts or consider alternative coupling options that are better suited for parallel misalignment requirements.
In summary, chain couplings can accommodate a certain degree of parallel misalignment, but excessive misalignment should be avoided. Proper alignment during installation and adherence to manufacturer’s guidelines are essential for ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
What are the key components of a chain coupling?
A chain coupling consists of several key components that work together to transmit power and accommodate misalignments. Here are the main components of a chain coupling:
- Sprockets: Sprockets are the toothed wheels that engage with the chain. They are typically made of steel or other durable materials and have specially designed teeth that mesh with the chain rollers. The sprockets provide the driving and driven connections, transmitting torque from one shaft to another.
- Roller Chain: The roller chain is a series of interconnected links with rollers between them. It is looped around the sprockets, with the rollers engaging with the sprocket teeth. The roller chain transfers the rotational motion from the driving sprocket to the driven sprocket, allowing power transmission between the shafts.
- Connecting Pins: Connecting pins are used to join the links of the roller chain together, forming a continuous loop. These pins are inserted through the pin holes in the chain links and secured with retaining clips or other fasteners. They ensure the integrity and strength of the chain.
- Bushings or Bearings: Bushings or bearings are used to support the shafts and allow them to rotate smoothly within the chain coupling. They are typically inserted into the bores of the sprockets and provide a low-friction interface between the shaft and the coupling components.
- Guard or Cover: In some chain couplings, a guard or cover is added to enclose the sprockets and chain. This serves as a protective barrier, preventing contact with moving parts and reducing the risk of accidents or injuries. The guard or cover also helps to contain lubrication and protect the chain from contaminants.
- Lubrication: Lubrication is essential for the smooth operation and longevity of a chain coupling. Proper lubrication reduces friction, wear, and noise. Lubricants, such as chain oil or grease, are applied to the chain and sprockets to minimize frictional losses and prevent premature wear.
These components work together to provide a reliable and efficient power transmission in chain couplings. The sprockets engage with the roller chain, and as one sprocket rotates, it drives the chain, causing the other sprocket and the connected shaft to rotate. The roller chain and its components, along with lubrication, allow for flexibility and compensation of misalignment between the shafts.
What are the disadvantages of chain couplings?
Backlash: Chain couplings can exhibit a certain degree of backlash or play due to the clearances between the chain rollers and the sprocket teeth. This can result in reduced precision and accuracy in applications where precise motion control is required.
Noise and Vibration: The engagement between the chain and sprockets can generate noise and vibration during operation. This can be problematic in applications where noise reduction is important or where excessive vibration can affect the performance or integrity of the machinery.
Maintenance Requirements: While chain couplings are relatively easy to maintain, they still require regular attention. Lubrication of the chain and sprockets is essential to reduce wear and friction. Additionally, periodic inspection and adjustment of chain tension are necessary to ensure proper operation. Neglecting maintenance tasks can lead to premature wear, decreased efficiency, and potential coupling failure.
Space and Weight: Chain couplings occupy a certain amount of space due to the presence of sprockets and the length of the chain. In applications with space constraints, the size of the coupling may limit its usability. Additionally, the weight of the coupling components can be a consideration in applications where weight reduction is important.
Limitations in High-Speed Applications: Chain couplings may have limitations in high-speed applications. At high rotational speeds, the centrifugal forces acting on the chain and sprockets can increase, potentially causing stress and reducing the efficiency of the coupling. In such cases, alternative coupling designs, such as gear or flexible shaft couplings, may be more suitable.
Wear and Service Life: Like any mechanical component, chain couplings are subject to wear over time. The chain and sprockets can experience gradual wear and elongation, requiring eventual replacement. The service life of a chain coupling depends on factors such as the operating conditions, maintenance practices, and the quality of the components used.
While chain couplings offer several advantages, it is important to consider these disadvantages and evaluate their impact based on the specific application requirements. Proper maintenance, periodic inspection, and careful consideration of design factors can help mitigate these disadvantages and ensure optimal performance and longevity of the chain coupling.
editor by CX 2023-11-29