Stainless Steel Coupling Gear Rigid Roller Chain Fluid Tyre Grid Jaw Spider HRC Nm Motor Flange Gear Pump Rubber Spline Shaft Flexible Universal Joint Coupling
Coupling refers to a device that connects 2 shafts or shafts and rotating parts, rotates together during the transmission of motion and power, and does not disengage under normal conditions. Sometimes it is also used as a safety device to prevent the connected parts from bearing excessive load, which plays the role of overload protection.
Couplings can be divided into rigid couplings and flexible couplings.
Rigid couplings do not have buffering property and the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes. It is required that the 2 axes be strictly aligned. However, such couplings are simple in structure, low in manufacturing cost, convenient in assembly and disassembly, and maintenance, which can ensure that the 2 axes are relatively neutral, have large transmission torque, and are widely used. Commonly used are flange coupling, sleeve coupling and jacket coupling.
Flexible coupling can also be divided into flexible coupling without elastic element and flexible coupling with elastic element. The former type only has the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, but cannot cushion and reduce vibration. Common types include slider coupling, gear coupling, universal coupling and chain coupling; The latter type contains elastic elements. In addition to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, it also has the functions of buffering and vibration reduction. However, due to the strength of elastic elements, the transmitted torque is generally inferior to that of flexible couplings without elastic elements. Common types include elastic sleeve pin couplings, elastic pin couplings, quincunx couplings, tire type couplings, serpentine spring couplings, spring couplings, etc
1) Mobility. The movability of the coupling refers to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 rotating components. Factors such as manufacturing and installation errors between connected components, temperature changes during operation and deformation under load all put CHINAMFG requirements for mobility. The movable performance compensates or alleviates the additional load between shafts, bearings, couplings and other components caused by the relative displacement between rotating components.
(2) Buffering. For the occasions where the load is often started or the working load changes, the coupling shall be equipped with elastic elements that play the role of cushioning and vibration reduction to protect the prime mover and the working machine from little or no damage.
(3) Safe, reliable, with sufficient strength and service life.
(4) Simple structure, easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain.
How to select the appropriate coupling type
The following items should be considered when selecting the coupling type.
1. The size and nature of the required transmission torque, the requirements for buffering and damping functions, and whether resonance may occur.
2. The relative displacement of the axes of the 2 shafts is caused by manufacturing and assembly errors, shaft load and thermal expansion deformation, and relative movement between components.
3. Permissible overall dimensions and installation methods, and necessary operating space for assembly, adjustment and maintenance. For large couplings, they should be able to be disassembled without axial movement of the shaft.
In addition, the working environment, service life, lubrication, sealing, economy and other conditions should also be considered, and a suitable coupling type should be selected by referring to the characteristics of various couplings.
If you cannot determine the type, you can contact our professional engineer
Main production equipment:
Large lathe, surface grinder, milling machine, gear shaper, spline milling machine, horizontal broaching machine, gear hobbing machine, shaper, slotting machine, bench drilling machine, radial drilling machine, boring machine, band sawing machine, horizontal lathe, end milling machine, crankshaft grinder, CNC milling machine, casting equipment, etc.
Dynamic balance tester, high-speed intelligent carbon and sulfur analyzer, Blochon optical hardness tester, Leeb hardness tester, magnetic yoke flaw detector, special detection, modular fixture (self-made), etc.
Application – Photos from our partner customers
Our leading products are mechanical transmission basic parts – couplings, mainly including universal couplings, drum gear couplings, elastic couplings and other 3 categories of more than 30 series of varieties. It is widely used in metallurgical steel rolling, wind power, hydropower, mining, engineering machinery, petrochemical, lifting, paper making, rubber, rail transit, shipbuilding and marine engineering and other industries.
Our factory takes the basic parts of national standards as the benchmark, has more than 40 years of coupling production experience, takes “scientific management, pioneering and innovation, ensuring quality and customer satisfaction” as the quality policy, and aims to continuously provide users with satisfactory products and services. The production is guided by reasonable process, and the ISO9001:2015 quality management system standard is strictly implemented. We adhere to the principle of continuous improvement and innovation of coupling products. In recent years, it has successfully developed 10 national patent products such as SWF cross shaft universal coupling, among which the double cross shaft universal joint has won the national invention patent, SWF cross shaft universal coupling has won the new product award of China’s general mechanical parts coupling industry and the ZHangZhoug Province new product science and technology project.
Our factory has strong technical force, excellent process equipment, complete professional production equipment, perfect detection means, excellent after-sales service, various products and complete specifications. At the same time, we can provide the design and manufacturing of special non-standard products according to the needs of users. Our products sell well at home and abroad, and are trusted by the majority of users. We sincerely welcome friends from all walks of life at home and abroad to visit and negotiate for common development.p
What are the common materials used in chain couplings?
Chain couplings are commonly made from various materials that offer the necessary strength, durability, and wear resistance required for transmitting torque between shafts. The choice of materials depends on factors such as the application requirements, operating conditions, and the specific design of the coupling. Here are some common materials used in chain couplings:
- Steel: Steel is one of the most widely used materials for chain couplings. It offers excellent strength, toughness, and resistance to wear and fatigue. Carbon steel and alloy steel are commonly used, with alloy steel providing enhanced properties such as higher tensile strength and improved corrosion resistance.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is chosen for chain couplings when corrosion resistance is a critical requirement. It offers good mechanical properties along with resistance to rust and corrosion, making it suitable for applications in harsh environments or where exposure to moisture or chemicals is present.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron is occasionally used for chain couplings, particularly in applications where cost-effectiveness and moderate strength are important factors. Cast iron provides good wear resistance and can withstand moderate loads and operating conditions.
- Bronze: Bronze is utilized in certain specialized chain couplings, especially in applications where self-lubrication and high resistance to corrosion are required. Bronze has good friction properties and can operate in conditions where lubrication may be limited or unavailable.
- Plastics: In some cases, certain plastics, such as nylon or polyurethane, are used for chain coupling components like chain guides or protective covers. Plastics offer low friction, noise reduction, and resistance to chemicals, making them suitable for specific applications.
It’s important to note that the materials used in chain couplings may vary depending on the specific manufacturer, coupling design, and application requirements. It is recommended to consult the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines to determine the appropriate materials for a particular chain coupling.
Additionally, in some cases, chain couplings may incorporate a combination of different materials, such as steel for the sprockets and roller chain, and elastomers for the flexible elements. This hybrid construction allows for optimized performance, balancing strength, flexibility, and damping characteristics.
Overall, the selection of materials for chain couplings is crucial to ensure reliable and efficient power transmission while considering factors such as load capacity, operating conditions, and the desired service life of the coupling.
Can chain couplings accommodate angular misalignment?
Yes, chain couplings are designed to accommodate a certain degree of angular misalignment between the connected shafts. Angular misalignment refers to the situation where the axes of the two shafts are not perfectly aligned and form an angle with each other.
Chain couplings are flexible in nature, and their design allows for some degree of angular displacement. The flexibility is primarily provided by the roller chain, which can bend and adjust to a certain extent to accommodate the misalignment. This flexibility helps to reduce the stress on the coupling components and allows for smoother operation even in the presence of angular misalignment.
However, it is important to note that chain couplings have limitations in terms of angular misalignment. Excessive angular misalignment beyond the specified limits can lead to increased stress, accelerated wear, and potential coupling failure. The manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines should be followed to ensure that the angular misalignment remains within the acceptable range for the specific chain coupling being used.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the chain coupling are also essential to identify and address any misalignment issues. If significant angular misalignment is detected, corrective measures should be taken, such as realigning the shafts or considering alternative coupling options that are better suited for the specific misalignment requirements.
It is worth mentioning that chain couplings are more tolerant of angular misalignment compared to some other types of couplings, such as rigid or gear couplings. However, it is still important to strive for proper alignment during installation and minimize any excessive misalignment to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
How to select the right chain coupling for a specific application?
Choosing the appropriate chain coupling for a specific application involves considering various factors to ensure optimal performance and reliable power transmission. Here are some key steps to guide you in the selection process:
Identify Application Requirements: Begin by understanding the specific requirements of the application. Consider factors such as the torque load, speed, misalignment conditions (angular, parallel, axial), and environmental conditions (temperature, moisture, presence of corrosive substances).
Determine Torque and Speed Requirements: Calculate or estimate the torque and speed requirements of the application. This information is crucial in selecting a chain coupling that can handle the transmitted torque and operate effectively at the required speed range.
Evaluate Misalignment Compensation: Assess the expected misalignment conditions in the application. Determine the magnitude of angular, parallel, and axial misalignments that the chain coupling needs to tolerate. This will help in selecting a coupling design that can accommodate the anticipated misalignment without compromising performance or causing excessive stress on the machinery.
Consider Space Limitations: Evaluate the available space for the chain coupling. Measure the shaft-to-shaft distance and ensure that the selected coupling can fit within the available space without interference with other components or structures.
Assess Environmental Factors: Take into account the environmental conditions in which the chain coupling will operate. Consider factors such as temperature extremes, humidity, presence of dust or debris, and exposure to corrosive substances. Choose a chain coupling that is designed to withstand these conditions and is made from materials that offer adequate corrosion resistance.
Consult Manufacturer Specifications: Review the specifications and technical information provided by reputable chain coupling manufacturers. Pay attention to factors such as torque ratings, speed limits, misalignment capabilities, material compatibility, and recommended maintenance practices.
Consider Maintenance Requirements: Evaluate the maintenance requirements of the chain coupling. Assess factors such as lubrication needs, ease of inspection, and adjustment procedures. Choose a coupling that aligns with the maintenance capabilities and resources available in your application.
Seek Expert Advice if Needed: If you are uncertain about the selection process or have specific application requirements that need expert guidance, consult with knowledgeable engineers or technical representatives from the coupling manufacturer. They can provide valuable insights and recommendations based on their expertise and experience.
By following these steps and considering the specific application requirements, you can select the right chain coupling that meets the torque, speed, misalignment, space, and environmental demands of your application. Proper selection will ensure efficient power transmission, reliable operation, and extended lifespan of the chain coupling.
editor by CX 2023-10-17